Effective Date: May 13, 2016
2. INFORMATION COLLECTED BY THE TIN MAN. When you register with The Tin Man, (i) you provide us (through the Site or Services) with certain personal information, such as your name, email address, photo, information about your contacts on social networks, and any other personal or preference information that you choose to provide to us (“User Information”); (ii) you authorize The Tin Man to access and analyze your information for the purposes of sending you relevant information about The Tin Man. Collectively, the User Information and any other information shall be referred to as the “Information.”
The Tin Man does not and will not, at any time, request Personally Identiﬁable Information in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication.
3. USES OF THE COLLECTED INFORMATION. The Tin Man uses the Information to:
· authenticate your visits to the Site and use of the Services;
· administer your account and customize the Service to you;
· contact you about announcements from The Tin Man or other users from time to time;
· conduct research using the collected information to manage and improve our Site and Services;
· provide anonymous reporting for internal and external entities, including work with other vendors that help The Tin Man with data analysis, for example for product eﬃcacy studies and market analysis.
In addition, The Tin Man will not rent, sell, or share personally identiﬁable information to any third parties for marketing purposes.
The Tin Man may periodically send you service-related announcements from time to time about the general operation of the site. The Tin Man reserves the right to send you such notices about your account even if you opt out of all voluntary email notiﬁcations.
When you update Information, The Tin Man usually keeps a backup copy of the Information for a reasonable period of time to enable reversion to the prior version of that Information.
The Tin Man limits access to Information about users to employees whom The Tin Man appropriately believes need to come into contact with that Information to provide Services. The Tin Man may share information collected through our websites with agents or contractors authorized solely to perform services on our behalf, such as providing support for our internal operations.
4. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION. The Tin Man uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of the Information. We have security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of Information that we have collected from or about you.
6. CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION. Once you have shared your User Information with The Tin Man, you may still control how it is made available to others by taking the following the steps:
· Contact us to modify your name and contact information associated with your account – some changes to your account, such as your name and contact information, require veriﬁcation before they can be made. Contact us if you would like certain information, which cannot be changed through the Site to be updated;
· Contact us to deactivate your account – you may deactivate your account by contacting us. Once you deactivate your account, your Information will no longer be maintained or displayed in the system. We may not retain your information and may delete any or all of your account information without liability. However, we may retain certain information contributed by you if we believe it may be necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, or for legitimate business purposes, such as analysis of aggregated, non-personally identiﬁable data, account recovery, or if required by law.
7. INTERNATIONAL USERS; US-EU AND US-SWISS SAFE HARBOR. By visiting the Site and providing your Information, you acknowledge and agree that due to the international dimension of The Tin Man, some of the Information may be transmitted outside your resident jurisdiction. Furthermore, you acknowledge and agree that such data may be stored on servers in the United States.
The Tin Man complies with the EU and Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of data from the European Union and have also self-certiﬁed our privacy practices as consistent with US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor principles: Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Access and Accuracy, Security, Data Integrity and Enforcement. To view our certiﬁcation, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Safe Harbor Web site.
The Tin Man has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU AND SWISS SAFE HARBOR, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by The Tin Man, please visit the BBB EU AND SWISS SAFE HARBOR web site at www.bbb.org/us/safe-harbor-complaints for more information and to ﬁle a complaint.
The Tin Man Music LLC
United States of America